MCO for Metal Service Centres and Tube Mills
Metal Service Centres’ have unique needs. Changing customer demands, Complex inventory processes, Workforce productivity challenges and the need for value-based processing push the service centres’ need for a high-end Enterprise Resource Planning system in order to gain a competitive edge.
In addition, in recent times, there has been a rise in infrastructure development projects in the metals industry. This necessitates the need for streamlining processes in order to have a better control and reach higher efficiency. All these can be addressed by implementing a high-end integrated ERP software that can help organizations integrate and streamline all the critical operations ranging from procurement to handling of raw materials and manufacturing to shipment of the orders, manage inventory better, lower cost and provide a competitive advantage.
Challenges in the metals industry are multi fold. Some of them are
– Complex scheduling processes
– Traceability of materials
– Complex business models job work
– Increased production capacity more than demand in Base Metals
– Market Economic trends and hazards
– Supply chain visibility and complexity
– Changing customer needs
– Optimization of mother material
– Raw materials price volatility
– Uncertain demand
– Labour/ Skill shortage leading to low production
Maintaining scale and devising digital transformation road map for metals and mining industry using a powerful, homogeneous, market intelligent Enterprise solution is key that can
– Increase the return on capital
– Enable large scale product proliferation with complex processes
– Aid the dynamic market with changing demands
– Improve the inventory visibility in metals nomenclature
– Innovate means to gain and maintain cost leadership
– Drive global operations with consolidation at large scale
– Reduce losses across the value chain
– Provide a digital architecture to enable growth at an affordable cost
How does MCO address industry needs?
Metals Coil Centre One, MCO, is a multi-faceted, an end-to-end integrated ERP system that is adaptable to your business process built on Microsoft Business Central and is customized for the steel and metals industry including Trading units & Tube Mills. Covalsys’ MCO is a fully Integrated solution with Barcoding, Weighbridge and Weigh scale that can help customers improve productivity and reduce non-billable time. The product supports the specific needs in this market such as multiple product lines, outsourcing, production scheduling, automated cost allocation, and toll processing to enable customers grow their businesses and profits.
Why MCO and not a generic ERP Solution for Metals Service Centre & Tube Mills?
Covalsys’ MCO is an innovative solution coupled with integrated ERP and MES ( Manufacturing Execution Systems) functionalities built on top of SAP Business One platform to address the challenges of Steel Coil service centres & Tube Mill.
The enterprise software is a long-time cost-effective solution that helps organizations become increasingly responsive to changing customer demand, seamlessly execute business processes, workflows and improve shop-floor & workforce productivity through
– Operational excellence with better control of cost reduction and profitability
– Uniquely designed modules to handle CTL, Slitting, Blanking, Shearing, and Stamping including coil profiler’s process
– Multi-level scheduling, with built-in features to handle Make-To-Order (MTO) & Make-To-Stock (MTS) scenarios with tracking of product genealogy and supports Actual and Theoretical Weights
– Margin visibility and decision-making capabilities
– Quality tracking system for Inbound, Processing and Outbound materials
– Real time inventory visibility
– Customized Bar-Code printing & Scanning at each stage of Inventory
– Optimization of mother material utilization and minimization of scrap
– Traceability of materials and scrap tracking of material balance
– Integration and collaboration with third-party systems
– Profit centre and Cost centre wise Accounting & Reporting
– A smart way to reduce running IT cost
At COVALSYS, we drive outcome that keep our client’s miles ahead of competition. We deliver value for the future in the digital dynamic world. MOC’s Industry-specific design enables faster response to customer and market demands and helps in servicing a greater number of customers with greater agility and higher customer satisfaction.
I must express my admiration for your kindness in support of men and women that absolutely need help with that subject matter. Your real commitment to getting the message all-around appears to be particularly informative and have regularly allowed women just like me to attain their objectives. Your new warm and helpful help and advice means a lot to me and far more to my mates. Many thanks; from all of us. Carleen King Cleary